Post-it Note Poetry Day 6 & 7

I swear this weather will kill me.   It’s been a struggle getting some of these out let alone posting a blog about them.  Here are two efforts:

shot_1391663127101

 

breaking fast

   old

     tastes

         new

 

Possibly the shortest Haiku/poem I have ever written.  Didn’t like it at first, but it has grown on me.  On reviewing it after three days I do wonder if it should be taste an not tastes.

 

 

shot_1391760292532

to-and-fro

mud wasp marches

stop

     to-and-fro

 

I witnessed a mud wasp walking on our lawn (read: patch of dirt) instead of flying it had this robotic marching movement almost like effect produced by strobe lighting.  With the stop, to-and fro, I wanted to try and capture that stop start movement.

 

 

 

If anyone is interested I have been reading The Haiku Handbook -25th Anniversary Edition How to Write, Teach, and Appreciate Haiku by William J Higginson, and Writing and Enjoying Haiku - A Hands-On Guide by Jane Reichhold.  The former is excellent for a concise overview of the history and considering my knowledge prior to reading it was limited to the concept of 5-7-5 poems about nature, it’s been a real eye–opener.  The second book by Jane Reichhold is probably the better out of the two for practical advice and technique.

Comments

Most Popular Posts