My Post-It Note Poetry 2018 collection

February was difficult in a number areas of my life:  work, with new classes and a new role, recurring back pain and an absence of time or the wherewithal to take advantage of what little time there was.

Still I managed to pen some words, every now and then, to participate in Post-It Note Poetry. 

Here are the collected works in chronological order:





cloud filled sky

 we watch the supermoon 

on youtube


morning sun 

on my shoulders 

the weight of a thousand 


flies




Bundaleer pines

leaning toward the hilltop 


I catch my breath


all night
the mallee gum taps
and my anxieties 


dance




fire ban days

overhead the steady thrum 


of bees



What a delight it is
 when snatching      
at a chattering 

constellation of words        

one alights, perfectly 

in place.



we grieve again

feed our children

to the tree 

of Liberty




even at Mount Fuji 

I long to see 

Mount Fuji




all day

wanting to write poetry

        - nothing



summer's end 

I toast with a cup 

of Tieguanyin




These of course, were just my efforts: to see the combined Twitter collection please go to the Archive

Comments

Most Popular Posts