In Magpie Tales Australian poet SB Wright reveals a keen eye for capturing both people and places, his deft imagery transports the reader effortlessly from rural Australia and beyond.
The pieces within explore a changing inner landscape too, where the contested terrain of small town identities and national issues are played out in clear, lyrical verse.
Magpie Tales is his first poetry collection.
Where to purchase:
You can purchase a print copy of Magpie Tales through the following links:
If you would like a signed copy you can contact me via the form that's located in the hidden sidebar (look top left of the page for the 3 horizontal bars and click), or via Twitter (@seandblogonaut ) or Facebook if you are a friend.
So cost to you if you live in Australia/ New Zealand is $17.50 AUD , and it will be posted in BX15 cardboard Postpak. I will accept EFT transfers and PayPal (I'll send you an invoice).
If you live on mainland UK or USA it will cost $23.50 AUD and I can accept PayPal. Postage will be by the aforementioned BX15 cardboard Postpak. Note: An alternative to this is that you order a copy from the Book Depository/Barnes and Noble and I will send a bookplate via small letter post.
- Winged Lives Wagered at The Glass Coin, April 5th 2013
- Summer Squall at The Glass coin, April 10th 2013
- That Summer in Adelaide InDaily November 6th 2013 and subsequently in the inaugural edition of Writ. Poetry Review September 30th 2014
- Dead Messengers in Stars Like Sand Anthology 2014 from Interactive Press- purchase here.
- The King, Tincture Journal No. 5 March 2014 (purchase here)
- Watersong ( in 50 Haikus Issue 5, Volume 1 Print Anthology 2014)
- Morning Chill in A Hundred Gourds Journal September 2014
- A Shepherd Mourning ( Tincture Issue 8, December 2014)
- Black Snake Driving ( Bluepepper, 23 February, 2016)
- Limestone Ruins (Poetry and Place Anthology 2015, April 2016)
- Old Farm Midden (Poetry and Place Anthology 2015, April 2016)
- Crossroads (Poetry and Place Anthology 2015April 2016)
- Lest We Forget (Issue 1 Pressure Gauge Journal, April 2016)
- Bull and The China Pieces (SNAP Literary Journal August 2016)
- Confusion and Showgirl Tunes ( Tincture Journal, Issue 15, September 2016)
- Unguarded ( Bluepepper, 2 November, 2016)
- Lucilia Cuprina - an ode ( Verity La, April 13 2017)