Year of Poetry Update - Month 8

Purchased this cast iron teapot
in attempt to sooth my
troubled soul
Not much more work done than last week and for the same reasons, although I did try and push on with a poem that I am on the verge of abandoning and so the writing time is slightly more than last week. I have tried to bolster spirits by listing to the Poetry Says podcast on my evening walks and purchasing tea paraphernalia. 

Sarah Holland Batt's The Hazards arrived from Booktopia this week but I have been too knackered to give it the close reading it deserves.  Bring on the holidays. 



The Writing  

was limited to last Sunday and Thursday and unfortunately I seem to be stuck at that point where I am not happy with the poem and its affecting my confidence.  I know from experience there are peaks and troughs but the lack of time putting pen to paper means that I am stuck feeling shitty with a poem for a much longer period of time.



The Study

I completed reading and noting the chapter On Fear in  Mary Ruefle's, Madness Rack and Honey.


Close Reading


None.



For the Statbadgers:


Total time: 3:34 (363:20) hrs


poem writing = 2.15 (163:47) hrs

close reading =0:00(74:02) hrs

technique/theory 1:00(83:08) hrs

reflection = 0:19 (27:55) hrs



Poetry written:

0(31) poems completed


(1)16 poems in draft


1 poem abandoned


1 poem facing execution at dawn



Poems Submitted:


0(16 in total) poems



Poems Published:


0(8) poem



Live Performances:
0(2)



Rejections:



0(8) poems

Comments

Most Popular Posts