The River by Jane Clarke

$23.95 from Booktopia
I am find more and more publishers are putting either video or audio up of their poets reading.

I think this is a good idea because often the performance of a poem can sell me on the poet, particularly if I come across them on the internet ( I find it really hard to do anything more than skim on a screen).

In a stroke of coincidence I had already bought a copy of Clarke's The River on the recommendation of an Irish Online newspaper prior to seeing the Audio below from Bloodaxe publishers drop in my tweet stream this afternoon.

If you click through the Soundcloud link below I believe there are some other recordings of Jane's Work as well.


I particularly like the subtle internal partial rhyming in Dry Stone Wall.


Comments

Most Popular Posts