Year of Poetry Update - Week 13

Week 13 has turned out to have been my, well I can't say my least productive because their were some achievements in retrospect, but the hours put in were certainly the lowest.  I only managed to achieve just over seven hours, this despite having only one and a half days work.

I just have to face facts that sometimes life gets in the way. On to some good news though:


  • The Poetry & Place Anthology featuring myself and lots of other Australian Poets is due out soon
  • I had another piece accepted for publication, which should be coming out in the next two weeks or so
  • I performed at Gawler Poets in the Pub after handing in my judges report for the Adelaide Plains Poetry Competition


So while not perhaps hitting the books so hard I have been busy with poetry related stuff and have been benefiting from hard work put in over the last three months.


Fortunately what time I did manage to get for poetry was spent on writing and I managed to finish one poem and start on a draft of another.

This week's study was comprised of Sight-Specific, Sound-Specific . . . (2005) by Nathaniel Mackey and Jane Hirshfield's essay Facing the Lion in Nine Gates: Entering the Mind of Poetry. 

My close reading was Factory by Lorraine Mariner.


For the Statbadgers:

Total time: 7:04(203:04) hrs

poem writing = 4.25 (84:08) hrs
close reading = 0:35(43:49) hrs
technique/theory 1:34 (48:36) hrs
reflection = 0:30 (16:58) hrs


Poetry written:


1 (18) poems completed
1 poem in draft
1 poem abandoned



Poems Submitted:


0(12 in total) poems




Poems Published:


1(2) poem


Live Performances:

1(2)


Rejections:


0 (2) poem

Comments

Most Popular Posts