Post-it Note Poetry – Never have so few words…

required such thought.shot_1391906753506

 

 

So today’s offering is:

dead gum tree

heron perches

lost

 

 

 

Inspired by one of those truly odd occurrences. I was sitting on my western facing verandah one afternoon and a heron alighted on a branch of our beloved gum tree that had sadly seen the last of its 40 odd years.

Here was a waterbird, some 30 km from any water, perched in a leafless tree. I thought to myself that maybe it was lost. So in this haiku, using the technique of comparison I wanted to present the image of the dead tree, now lost to us and the heron perched, also lost.

I am still not settled on the final form, it could be:

 

dead gum

a heron perches

lost

 

Or  number of other combinations. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts