Poetry Bargains at Booktopia.

Booktopia are having their annual end of year sale and I thought I would take a look through their poetry bargain listings.  I am not sure how long the sale is going for but I hope to get my hand on some of these below.

There's a good mix from international best sellers and small collections, to some current Australian poets.


 Radiance by Andy Kissane from publishers Puncher & Wattmann.  Radiance was shortlisted for the 2015 Victorian Premier’s Prize for Poetry.  












Sale Price $13.50




Salad Anniversary by Machi Tawara.  Released at the end of the 1980's Salad Anniversary sold about 2.6 million copies and reinvigorated Tanka Poetry.












Sale Price $13.50 
Poems by Iain Banks and Ken MacLeod.  A book of poetry by SciFi authors and dear friends Iain Banks and Ken MacLeod.  Published shortly after Banks' death. 














Sale Price $8.50
Instant Winner by Carrie Fountain.  I have not heard of Fountain but this is her second collection.  You can read some of her poetry here.  












Sale Price $12.35 
Open House by David Brooks published by UQP.  I love the covers of the current UQP series of poetry.  Open House is basically a new release in poetry terms, having been published in January of this year.  He's curently co-editor of Southerly. 













Sale Price $ 10.75
The Bees by Carol Ann Duffy.  Buy it.  I did earlier in the year and at wuite a bit more than the price below.  You can read my thoughts on it here.












Sale Price $7.50 
Selected Poems by Kenneth Slessor.  If you went through the Australian Schooling system in the 80's and 90's, Slessor's work was on the curriculum. A bargain at this price for a good range of his poetry.













Sale Price $1.00

Among the Regulars by Andy Jackson.  This is his first collection and an absolute steal at $1.00. I don't really need to say more do I?












Comments

Most Popular Posts