It had to happen some time

I abandoned my first poem today after a good four hours of hammering away at it.

It's not totally dead, but it wasn't working and the more I pushed the more the poem pushed back and so while... okay perhaps it's not abandoned, it has been left for me to come back to when I figure out what isn't working.

I didn't let it dissuade me from starting another poem and as if vindicating that decision, the next poem came together rather quickly.

Two observations from today's writing:


  1.  is keep the writing going, have another project to go on to or back to.  I think this builds flexibility and resilience into my writing.
  2.  there is value in writing longhand even if it's that you notice glaring errors such as repetitions of words, when you type it up.







Comments

Most Popular Posts