Year of Poetry Update - Week 1


Today brings up the first full week of My Year of Poetry and so far:

Total time: 18 hrs

  • poem writing = 6 hrs
  • close reading = 6 hrs
  • technique/theory = 4 hrs
  • reflection = 2 hrs
Poetry written:

  • 1 poem completed to beta reading stage
  • 1 poem at prose 2nd draft stage

General thoughts:

I am happy with the output.  It took a couple of days to settle into a groove that seemed to work for me i.e. writing, followed by study, followed by close reading.  It's not been easy but it's not been torture either.  I am seeing that putting in the time is producing the results.

Concerned that sitting at the computer for longer periods than an hour at a time might not be healthy, mentally or otherwise I have been interspersing each of the sessions with a circuit workout of Bench Press, Back rows, bicep and triceps curls.

Concerns:

My major concern is the start of the school year and the likelihood that paid work will disturb my routine.  But them's the breaks.

Comments

Most Popular Posts