January poems, closely read
Here are the poems that I have read closely for the month of January. You will find a running list on the Anthology of Magnificence page.
- Mandy Coe's, When We Found Flowers Could Speak
- Helen Mort's, Fox Miles. (link will take you to her poetry archive page)
- Seamus Heaney's Digging.
- Thom Gunn's The Hug.
- Anthony Lawrence's Three Men.
- Philip Hodgins', Shooting the Dogs
- Norman MacCaig's Ineducable me
- Liz Berry's When I Was A Boy
- Felicity Plunkett's, Lost Sea Voices
- Kenneth Slessor's Crow Country
- Sian Hughes' The Sacking Offence
- Caroline Bird's A Love Song
- Sean O'Brien's Sunday in a Station of the Metro
- Clive James' Japanese Maple
- Gillian Clarke's Family House